Tuesday, February 3, 2009

john 1

several days ago, i heard a preacher on the radio share his evangelizing tool in bringing people to christ. encourage them to read one chapter of john each day with a sincere curiousity to be answered by the question, "jesus, who are you?" i've decided to take on that challenge as my bible study for the month. obviously, each chapter brings a unique revelation of who christ is in my life. so now i'm going to share a succession of 21 posts of selected verses and simple thoughts from this radical book.

[verse 1-2]
The Word was first,
the Word present to God,
God present to the Word.
The Word was God,
in readiness for God from day one.

Imagine that. God himself became the living word. The power of every thing he spoke… At his word, life existed! To conceive of this pure power and authority is too grand for me. Has God ever spoken to you? Has he ever whispered you a promise, a word of encouragement, a pledge of love? God said, and there was. The moment he spoke, things happened. There were no if’s, or’s, or but’s. There was no maybe. When God promises you something, it’s the real thing. There’s God-power behind that spoken word. So when he tells you something like, say, “I will bless you in time of famine” or “Your sins are seperated from you as far as the east from the west” or “I have inscribed you in the palm of my hand and I care about your broken heart”, you best believe it. Why? Because he’s just that awesome.

[Isaiah 43:13]
“From eternity to eternity I am God.
No one can snatch anyone out of my hand.
No one can undo what I have done.”

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...