Thursday, February 19, 2009

time to sow

Lately, I ’ve been prodded by the Holy Spirit to examine my lifestyle. I was confronted with the question, “Am I inviting God to bless my activities or am I accepting God’s invitation to His activities? My life reflected the former. I finally realized that my “honeymoon” phase was over. So now I ’m back to leading a small group and working at the resource center to greet new guests/members and get them plugged into church. I ’m excited about it.

Here’s a snippet from Henry Blackaby’s, “Experiencing God.”

"Self-centered people try to keep their lives unruffled and undisturbed, safe and secure. Our temptation is to give our time and effort to the goals of this world. Then, when we are successful in the world’s eyes, we seek to bring God into our world by honoring Him with our success.

God is not interested in receiving secondhand glory from our activity. God receives glory from His activity through our lives. Deny yourself and join the activity of God as He reveals it to you."

1 comment:

  1. hoooray you're back. ur an awesome leader!

    word verification: imatters LOL. i do matter

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...